Day Warehouse - Full-Time
Warehouse 171 Weidner Rd Rochester, NY 14624, USA
The Warehouse Receiver reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor and is responsible for working together with the Receiving Team to check all incoming product for quality, and accurate quantity. Quality includes the condition of the boxes and inspection any contamination (such as smell or infestation), as well as verification for proper temperature. Warehouse Receiver will be responsible for breakdown of product consistent with the warehouse. As directed by the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Receiver will assist with Putaway, Letdown, and maintenance. The Warehouse Receiver must conduct oneself in accordance with Palmer Food Services company culture.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work safely at all times, using proper PPE and lifting procedures to lift items up to 100 lbs.
- Accurately check-in product with respect to quality control (expiration dates, temperature requirements, box integrity) and accuracy.
- Breakdown skids as necessary, to ensure that the stockers can clearly identify product and disperse it efficiently.
- Complete assigned maintenance areas daily.
- Receive Fresh Fish Tuesday – Friday
- Cross-trained in all Warehouse operations and perform these duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- In the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor, handle all receiving functions, such as but not limited to lumping money, scheduling, proper filing, etc.
- Communicate any changes made to all purchase orders with purchasing. This includes loads received early or late, all shortages, overages, and quality issues.
- Be a reliable and cooperative team player, fill in as necessary and engage fully in the working environment. Demonstrate willingness to learn new skills for professional advancement and growth of the company.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- High school diploma/GED.
- Trained and certified in all PIT at PFS.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Computer knowledge with ability to adapt to warehouse software programs.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds. Proper lifting procedures must be followed.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- 1-2 Years Warehouse Experience
- Comfortable with machinery reaching heights of 25 ft
- Ability to perform duties in freezer and coolers.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a Warehouse Receiver to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, sit, operate warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, feel, finger; reach with hands and arms, see, talk and hear.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in a cold environment for extended periods with temperatures reaching -10
- Possess normal vision with or without correction and able to distinguish colors
- Possess fluent speech in English, writing and communication skills necessary to effectively carry out job functions
- Must be able to read and comprehend work related materials, numerical data and diagrams.
Detail Orientated: Advanced
Lift up to 100 lb: Advanced
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
High School or better
Palmer Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applications for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, gender dysphoria, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected class or status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interviewing process should notify an organization representative.